At Hartland Primary School we treat the Safeguarding of children as a priority.
Everyone at Hartland Primary School is committed to safeguarding and responsible for keeping our children safe.
We do this by:
- providing a safe environment for children to thrive;
- identifying children who are suffering or are likely to suffer significant harm
- taking appropriate action to ensure they are kept safe both at school and at home.
To ensure children are safe we have systems for the purpose:
- preventing unsuitable people working with children
- promoting safe practice and challenge unsafe practice
- effective identification of concerns and initiating or taking appropriate action
- contributing to effective partnerships between all relevant safeguarding services
If you have any concerns about the safety of any child please speak to one of the adults responsible for Safeguarding, please see document below for named responsible people.
If your safeguarding concern is outside of usual school working hours and urgent you should contact the Devon County Council Multi Agency Support Hub (MASH) on 0345 1551077.
For more information regarding MASH you can also visit https://new.devon.gov.uk/educationandfamilies/child-protection/making-a-mash-enquiry
Link to DCSB - http://www.devonsafeguardingchildren.org/
Parents will have received information on Operation Encompass:
Here is the first newsletter:
Online Safety and CSE
In September the government launched a new online tool for schools to give parents advice and tips on preparing their children for adult life. The site also contains a lot of information which would equally be useful for professionals.
The direct link to this information site is http://parentinfo.org/
Please have a look at this website. It will updated regularly with new information.
For further support please speak to a member of staff.
E-Safety Lead: Miss Naomi Tottle
Computing Subject Lead: Miss Rosie Uglow
Below is a list of links that parents may find helpful in learning more about e-safety,
CEOP Website - http://www.ceop.police.uk/
Think You Know - http://www.thinkuknow.co.uk/
CBBC Stay Safe - http://www.bbc.co.uk/cbbc/topics/stay-safe
South West Grid for Learning - http://www.swgfl.org.uk/Staying-Safe
For advice regarding your child playing Minecraft please click here to access materials on the NSPCC website.